11 June 2011

Inspire

Among the best devotional books I've ever read is Pure by Rebecca St. James. This book has been with me through one of the hardest times in my life- through it I have gained & realized so much! I remember reading this book in the hospital bed, being hooked up to a heart monitor & with a flowing IV to hydrate me & give me the nutrients my body needed to survive. The day after almost dying, I believe this was the first time of multiple times prior, I remember reading this book in desperate search of "something"- anything to get me through! God was & still continues to be my strength. I remember reading this book & the doctor came in & asked what I was reading. I told her & she went out & bought it later that day. I remember smiling in the midst of pain & utter desperation- fighting with all I had to stay positive & to keep searching for "the Way". God never left my side- especially when I did not deserve & wasn't even looking for Him! My prayer ever since I was a young child was & continues to be "God use me". He has not failed me yet & I trust He never will, even if I can't see it!

    -from Pure by Rebecca St. Jameshttp://www.amazon.com/Pure-90-Day-Devotional-Spirit-ebook/dp/B001EC31B8    
                      "God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, his purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks. ~ Psalm 36:5-6
                     "God has a purpose for every one of our lives, & He invites us to get in tune with His plan. To be pure is to seek His purpose first and foremost in our lives. If we want our lives to have an impact, that begins & ends with discovering & living out our God-given purpose. Without purpose we have no clear direction, & we may not know which decision to make when we're at the crossroads. Purpose gives us focus to discern what is important. And purpose gives us the strength to do what we need to do. One of this world's greatest tragedies is a life without discovering one's God-given purpose. We aren't really living unless we know why we're alive!"

 This hit me today, & I'm sure other times I've read it, but most likely hit me in a different way then before. I wasn't really living before- I didn't know why I was alive! God helped me to find that purpose. I was too busy trying to be "little miss perfect" & God had to break me in order for this to change- He showed me that I was deceived. I was living a lie. I thought I was close to God, yet "I had all of the answers"! This was NOT God's purpose, however! How I "thought" my life should look like was not God's idea as His idea was much greater then my wildest & craziest imagination could ever dream! God's mind & plan goes way beyond my comprehension.              

 "Are you in tune with God's purpose for your life? In order for your dreams and His plan to live in harmony together, you have to cooperate. If you are not on the same page with Him, ask God to show you what He has in mind & to give you the courage to follow His plan. He wants to make the journey with you toward finding the purposeful life for which He destined you." (Pure pg 5) This is so true! God does give you the courage to follow His plan!
          "One of the things I had to confront in my life was the issue of perfectionism. When you are a perfectionist, you tend to either push yourself to be better or to go into failure mode & give up, believing that you'll never succeed.Through study & prayer & time alone with Him, the Lord assured me that I am loved & secure. I know that I'm His princess, accepted & cherished! .............. Because many people spend much of their time trying to please others they're uncomfortable in their own skin & don't know who they are.Unfortunately they derive their sense of worth from what they do or don't do for others. It's all based on a false and conditional love. We can get so wrapped up in our selfishness that we can't see beyond ourselves to find our worth in God- who we are in Him."

 Wow- I'm speechless! All I can say is that I've been there- she's so right! I don't know what else to say other then "I get it!" Well, I hope that this helps you the way that it did me! God is so good!

No comments: